bHave you ever been scammed? How does someone get scammed in the first place? Well the honest truth is anyone, anytime can be a victim, no one is safe until now.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A SCAMMER
- Unexpected contact – this is someone you don’t know, you didn’t give them your contact information.
- Try to gain trust – they will say they were referred to you by someone you know.
- Ask for personal information – this may include your email and even your password to any of your accounts.
- Wire transfer request – this is where they ask you to transfer them some money.
- Pretend to be a representative – because it is easy to trust an organization or company they will use this to their advantage.
- Pressure to act immediately – pressure makes diamonds but in this case it will make you lose your money. These guys are professional and lethal in their ‘trade’, when the inevitable time comes and you have to pay a certain amount they will put all kinds of pressure on you, all kinds of deadlines just to confuse and corner you into paying.
- Specific payment method – the payment method requested is almost impossible to trace, which is very much to their advantage.
HOW TO AVOID BEING SCAMMED
- Block unwanted calls/texts
- Don’t just give anyone your personal and financial information
- Resist pressure to act immediately
- Do research and have background information
I hope I have given you some kind of amour against scammers, these guys are real, millions of people cry foul every day, so let’s put an end to this pandemic.